DAE Capital buys blended winglets
Dubai, September 24, 2008
DAE Capital has placed an order for 50 ship sets of Blended Winglets with Aviation Partners Boeing (APB), a report said.
The aircraft leasing and financial business arm of Dubai Aerospace Enterprise (DAE), is buying the winglets for its new 737-700/800 next-generation aircraft, which will start arriving from 2010, according to the Gulf News report.
Blended Winglets make the aircraft more aerodynamically efficient, help save fuel, cut engine emissions, reduce noise during takeoff and bring down engine maintenance costs.
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- BA plane makes emergency landing after engine fire
- Jet Airways shareholders approve Etihad deal
- Middle East Hotel Awards held
- Pacific World announces UAE, Oman launch
- Mubadala unit developing new cabin concept
- Emirates to increase flights to Colombo
- Etihad Airways appoints new GM
- Oman Air to buy three A330 planes
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens
- British Airways celebrates Jordan return