Amadeus unveils new self-booking tool
Dubai, September 23, 2008
Amadeus, a leading technology and distribution partner for the travel and tourism industry, has launched the latest version of its corporate self-booking tool, Amadeus e-Travel Management, which includes an unused ticket trader feature.
The new unused ticket trader fully automates the entire process of managing unused air tickets from 26 airlines. This will bring significant cost savings for corporations and productivity efficiencies for travel management companies by making refunding bookings easier and quicker.
The feature allows travellers to easily submit any previously unused domestic and international tickets towards payment of a new reservation and automatically calculates the fare for the new booking, including all applicable refunds, charges and taxes.
'Given the current economic scenario the unused ticket trader in version 11.2 will offer some much-needed cost efficiencies to corporations,' said Frank Palapies, Amadeus’ head of Global Commercial Operations.
“In addition, Amadeus has made the most of its global presence by tapping into its local development centres to deliver direct benefits to corporations’ travel departments worldwide. With this new version, companies will now have access to essential local air content through Amadeus e-Travel Management,” he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct
- Travelport appoints online business head
- Saudi cargo plane veers off runway in Nigeria
- Gulf Air launches loyalty promotion
- Hala Abu Dhabi launches tours, safaris
- Kenya starts work on $654m airport project
- Gulf Air wins top eContent award
- Dubai fund ICD buys landmark Atlantis hotel
- Qatar Airways to launch Dallas/Fort Worth route
- Ritz-Carlton Bahrain appoints new sales chief