Ski Dubai offers reasons to chill
Dubai, July 22, 2008
This summer Ski Dubai is giving its visitors plenty of reasons to stay chilled by offering a range of skiing and snowboard camps for both children and adults.
For the real snow fans, Ski Dubai has introduced a unique summer slope pass. Valid for three months and priced at Dh2,000 ($545), this entry ticket allows unlimited access to the park to participate in skiing or snowboarding. It also includes a locker, 20 per cent discount at St Moritz Café and four complimentary vouchers to the Snow Park.
As a new member, a guest receives a special 40 per cent discount at Snow Pro which is valid for one month. The summer slope pass is valid for three months and the last date of purchase is August 18.
For the young ones, Ski Dubai has various programmes, such as, the ’five-day camp’ and the ’five-week camp’. Ski Dubai is also organising a ’premium children’s five day camp’ where the attendants will take full responsibility of the child from drop off until after lunch. The child will also get a complimentary hot chocolate on the slope and a polar bear badge.
A treat for everyone, Ski Dubai is offering a camp for adults as well. Over a period of three days, participants will learn the basics of skiing and on completion of the programme will be able to ski down, turn and stop on the slope.
Ski Dubai is also organising slalom and freestyle course over three days. Different instructors will be present during the camp to cater for different learning styles.
During summer, until August 31, Ski Dubai has extended its opening hours from 9 am to midnight, allowing visitors to enjoy the best of Dubai’s coolest attraction when temperatures are at their peak. ’Ski Dubai is the only snow experience in the region that can be enjoyed throughout the year and this summer we are offering a large number of exciting activities catering to all ages. Ski Dubai, which is an all time favourite among residents and tourists, promises to provide a relief from the scorching heat of summer,’ said Mike Mahoney, general manager, Ski Dubai.
Ski Dubai is the first indoor ski resort in the Middle East and is located within Mall of the Emirates. Ski Dubai is part of MAF Leisure & Entertainment operating under Majid Al Futtaim Ventures, a company of Majid Al Futtaim Group. - TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights
- RJ to operate Amman-Kuwait twice daily
- JCDecaux unveils digital screens at Dubai airport