Emaar Address unveils first property in Cairo
Dubai, July 20, 2008
The Address Hotels & Resorts, the newly-launched 5 star premium hotel brand of Emaar Hospitality Group, has unveiled its first hotel property in Egypt – The Address, Uptown Cairo.
Located in Uptown Cairo, a luxury master-planned community developed by Emaar Misr for Development SAE, the hotel also marks the international expansion of the brand.
The hotel will be the flagship brand of The Address brand in Egypt and is scheduled to open in 2011.
The Address, Uptown Cairo also builds on Emaar Misr’s commitment to offering a truly integrated lifestyle community by setting the highest standards in hospitality & leisure.
The hotel will meet the growing demand in Cairo for world-class hospitality services – both from tourists and business travellers, said a company official.
Marc Dardenne, chief executive officer, Emaar Hospitality Group, said: 'The Address Hotels & Resorts is a truly global brand from Emaar Hospitality, and by managing its first international project in Egypt – one of the fastest growing tourist destinations – we are underscoring our capabilities to offer world-class hospitality services in international markets.'
'Uptown Cairo is a spectacular master-planned community located in the Mokattam Hills and The Address, Uptown Cairo will offer a distinctive hotel experience for guests with our focus on service and benefits,' he noted.
Sameh Muhtadi, chief executive officer, Emaar Misr for Development, said the company was redefining the property landscape of Egypt with its master-planned communities with Uptown Cairo already billed as a vibrant, upscale destination near Cairo city.
'Investor response to the project has been overwhelming and we are already ahead of schedule with the construction. The Address, Uptown Cairo will be a remarkable addition to the development, as it will set new benchmarks in hospitality standards in Egypt,' he observed.
Patrick Heuze, senior corporate director, Development & Operations, Emaar Hospitality Group, pointed out that the management contract for opening an Address property in Uptown Cairo was part of its ongoing strategy of international expansion.
'This also reflects our corporate philosophy of growing in tandem with Emaar Properties internationally, as it fits with Emaar’s vision to develop integrated lifestyle communities. The Address, Uptown Cairo will offer a premium, benefit-rich guest experience through its 200 rooms and 300 serviced apartments,' he added.
The $2.1 billion Uptown Cairo development highlights an inimitable living experience that meets the demanding requirements of Egypt’s upwardly mobile population. Uptown Cairo is located on 1,000 hectares within Mokattam Hills, removed from the bustle of the city.
The cleaner air and cooler climate of the location adds to the quality of lifestyle of residents. Master-planned by WATG, Uptown Cairo features several residential villages, a Business Park, resorts, spa, sports & leisure facilities, a sprawling shopping mall and a world-class golf course. Uptown Cairo is easily accessible from Maadi, Heliopolis, Nasr City and Central Cairo.
With total assets of development value Dh3.67 billion ($1 billion), Emaar Hospitality Group owns and manages a diversified portfolio of hospitality assets such as hotels, serviced residences, golf resorts, polo and equestrian club, recreation clubs, and the Dubai Marina Yacht Club and Marinas.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador