Axiom, Huawei ink UAE distribution deal
Dubai, November 19, 2013
Axiom Telecom has signed a distributor agreement with Huawei, enabling Axiom to retail and distribute smartphones and mobiles from the Chinese ICT brand across the UAE.
“Huawei is marking itself out as growing force in the smartphone space, so we are delighted to sign up as an official distributor in the UAE,” said Faisal Al Bannai, CEO, Axiom Telecom.
“Huawei’s smartphones are packed with technology and feature cutting-edge design, so we expect sales to be strong. Axiom Telecom is always looking to stock the latest and most innovative devices, so it is important we maintain strong relationships with major players like Huawei.”
Al Bannai predicts that Huawei’s flagship Ascend P6 smartphone will feature prominently among the devices likely to appeal to Axiom Telecom customers.
Retailing for Dh1,599 ($435), the Huawei Ascend P6 is the world’s slimmest smartphone at just 6.18 mm. Running on Google Android 4.2.2, the device features a 1.5GHz quad-core Huawei K3V2E processor, a 4.7-inch HD (720x1280) screen, a 5MP front-facing camera and 8GB of memory.
“Form factor is an important consideration for today’s smartphone consumers, and the Ascend P6 has a unique selling point in this respect,” said Al Bannai.
Ashraf Fawakherji, vice president of Huawei Device Middle East, said: “As one of largest telecommunications retailer and distributors in the region, Axiom Telecom is an ideal partner for.”
“Huawei, as we continue to expand our footprint in the retail market and give local consumers more opportunities to experience Huawei innovations. Over the past year in particular, we have quickly risen to become the third smartphone vendor, while introducing a host of world-firsts into the consumer electronics market.
“We have great ambitions in the Middle East and are excited to partner with Axiom Telecom, which can provide the infrastructure, manpower, and importantly the enthusiasm for sharing our unique offerings with the wider public,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet