600 firms for Bahrain jewellery expo
Manama, November 19, 2013
More than 600 exhibitors from 30 countries are taking part in a major jewellery exhibition opening in Bahrain today (November 19).
Intricately designed jewellery pieces with world-class craftsmanship will be displayed as Jewellery Arabia 2013, which will run until Saturday, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
The 22nd annual exhibition will be officially inaugurated by HRH Prime Minister Prince Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa at Bahrain International Exhibition and Convention Centre.
Largest display of finished jewellery, luxury timepieces, precious stones, antiques and objects d'art in the Middle East will be showcased at the event, which is expected to attract more than 50,000 people.
Extra security measures have been brought in this year including a whole CCTV camera setup throughout the 18,000 sq ft venue.
The move comes after a Serbian gang stole a BD567,000 ($1.5 million) Cartier diamond necklace from the Asia Jewellers stand in 2002.
A number of smaller thefts have taken place in subsequent years, including in 2007 when several items worth a combined total of BD168,000 were stolen.
The exhibition will run from 4pm to 10pm from today until Friday and from 12pm to 10pm on Saturday.
Admission is free, but everyone attending must register online or on site and no children under the age of 16 will be admitted. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait