Indian makeup brand Lakmé enters Dubai
Dubai, November 16, 2013
Lakmé, one of India’s most-iconic beauty brands that offers colour cosmetics and skincare products, has been launched in Dubai at a gala ceremony on Thursday night.
This premium beauty brand is presently available at prominent beauty spaces like Lulu, Carrefour and Beauty Bay. It will available at more than 100 more outlets in the next couple of days.
It is the first foray into the international markets for the Lakme products and the company officials says the response has been highly encouraging, prompting them to look at other high potential markets in the Middle East region.
The brand will be retailing its premium product ranges including Lakmé Absolute and Lakmé 9to5.
The gala launch was organised by NMC Group, one of the UAE’s leading diversified business group, which is the marketing and distributing the Lakme products in the region.
The launch ceremony, held at Armani Hotel Dubai, was attended by Purnima Lamba, the head of innovation, Lakme (Hindustan Lever), Binay Shetty, the chief operations officer, NMC Healthcare, Rajneesh Varma, the head of Unilever International India, and Dr Krishnan Unni, the executive VP at NMC Trading.
The highlight of the evening was a fashion show with models displaying various Lakme beauty products before leading beauty care trade stakeholders.
Commenting on the launch, Lamba said: "At Lakmé, we believe that our colours and concepts have been part of the Indian woman’s life for generations and have influenced the way beauty has evolved. Continuing to deliver our world-class offering, it gives us immense pride to enter a dynamic market like Dubai."
"We are looking forward to bringing our break-through products and meet the needs of the contemporary woman in Dubai," she added.
With a strong legacy of more than half a century, the brand has been launching cutting edge products in the Indian market. It has constantly evolved its products and offerings to meet the need of the contemporary woman, remarked Lamba.
"Beyond launching products, the brand has always been at the forefront for defining seasonal beauty trend statements that are have been fashionably showcased at one of India’s biggest fashion events Lakmé Fashion Week that takes place bi-annually in Mumbai, India," she added.
The Lakmé Absolute range by Lakmé is a professional finish make-up rangebacked by back stage expertise and is represented by India's leading actress Kareena Kapoor.
In addition to leveraging Unilever’s worldwide expertise, Lakmé also partners with leading cosmetic house, Milan-based Intercos Italia, Schwann Stabilo Germany and Paris-based Fiabila.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait