URC launches new mall in Oman
Muscat , November 2, 2013
United Real Estate Company (URC), one of the the region’s leading real estate developers, has officially opened its new commercial and hospitality development project at Oman in the subtropical city of Salalah.
The Salalah Gardens Mall and Salalah Gardens Residences project was inaugurated by Sayyid Mohammed bin Sultan Al Busaidi, the Minister of State and Governor of Dhofar, along with the Minister of Tourism, Ahmed bin Nasser bin Hamad Al Mahrizi, and Tariq Mohammed AbdulSalam, chairman of URC.
The launch was attended by top URC officials including the CEO Mohammed Ahmed Al Saqqaf and the board of directors besides the URC executive management team and other dignitaries.
Commenting on the grand opening, Mohammad AbdulSalam said: “Our prime objective in developing Salalah Gardens Mall was to create components that complement each other to offer an unprecedented experience which combines entertainment and shopping activities, and a comfortable hotel experience.”
Salalah Gardens Mall, he stated, was the first and only mall in Salalah, featuring a wide variety of shopping, dining and entertainment activities.
URC’s first project in Oman, Salalah Gardens Mall, was awarded “Best Retail Project - Middle East” in the Mid-cap category from the 2013 World Finance Construction Awards and “Best Retail Development” for Oman during the 2013 Arabian & African Property Awards.
Connected directly to the mall, Salalah Gardens Residences is the hospitality component of the development comprising of 168 keys operated by Safir International Hotel Management Company, a subsidiary of Kuwait Hotels Company.-TradeArabia News Service
Tags: United Real Estate Company |
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet