Swarovski launches abaya design campaign
Dubai, October 30, 2013
Swarovski, a global leader in cut crystal and fashion jewellery, has partnered with six young designers from the GCC aiming to reinterpret the abaya using Swarovski crystals in new and contemporary designs.
The abaya’s elegant fluidity lends itself perfectly to embroidery and appliqué using crystals from Swarovski. Now, six talented designers have elevated abaya couture to an art form by each displaying their skills in capsule collections of three or four abayas.
Each was commissioned to apply their creative vision to creating abaya designs that bring to life their individual brand identity and design language.
Flemming Nielsen, vice president Operations Asia South Swarovski Professional, underlined that this latest Swarovski initiative demonstrates the company’s commitment to supporting designers within the region, as well as providing a platform for the contemporary and modern interpretation of crystals.
“Swarovski is proud to partner with these contemporary abaya designers and continue one of the company’s most treasured traditions. The philosophy of working with design talent has permeated every aspect of this family run company since it was founded in 1895,” he said.
“The initiative is also closely allied with Swarovski’s long history of creative collaborations with the world’s most prestigious names in the fashion industry, some of which date back to the early 20th century.”
Visitors to Dubai’s The Empty Quarter gallery, which is located at the Dubai International Financial Center, will be able to enjoy these contemporary masterpieces on November 27, and observe first-hand the breathtaking effect of Swarovski crystal embellishment on sleekly stylish abayas with a powerful modern edge. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet