Toshiba Gulf unveils new tablet range
Dubai, October 24, 2013
Toshiba Gulf has launched three new models of 10.1-inch tablets powered by the newest Nvidia Tegra processors and running on Android 4.2, Jelly Bean.
Equipped with up to 2GB of memory and up to 64GB of storage, the high performance Excite Series delivers plenty of power required for running heavy applications simultaneously, console-quality gaming, fast web browsing and amazing entertainment. All three models are now available in the market, according to a statement.
"Nvidia Tegra processors bring an unmatched multimedia experience to the new Excite tablets from Toshiba, one of the world's most popular computing brands," said Matt Wuebbling, director of Product Marketing for the Mobile Business at Nvidia.
"With Tegra, the Excite family features incredibly fast web browsing and new productivity and creativity tools that professionals and consumers will both enjoy."
Santosh Varghese, general manager of Digital Products and Services at Toshiba Gulf, said: “The Excite Series is Toshiba’s take on thin and light tablets. Each model in the series comes with Nvidia processor which has a fifth battery-saver core that automatically activates when the tablet is on active standby or running low power tasks, allowing for long battery life despite running multiple applications at the same time.”
Powered by Nvidia Tegra 3, the powerful Excite Pure offers an ultra-fast internet browsing experience with twice the speed delivered by other tablets running on different processors. The Excite Pure also boasts a superior battery-saving technology that enables four performance cores to be used on max burst when needed, with each core independently enabled and disabled based on workload, allowing it to avoid battery drain and conserve energy.
Equipped with Nvidia Tegra 4, the Excite Pro delivers the fastest web surfing available in mobile today. A tablet designed for entertainment, it supports Ultra-HD video, and features Resolution+ and Adaptive Display to automatically improve regular video to HD quality. Crystal clarity is achieved on its 2560x1600 PixelPure Display, producing sharp and realistic images. At 300 pixels per inch and a total of four million pixels, the Excite Pro can display the most accurate details.
With as many as four million pixels on a 10.1-inch screen with 2560x1600 PixelPure Display, the Excite Write is the ideal, realistic digital journal for consumers, students and professionals alike. The tablet ships with an innovative digitizer that has a digital eraser, providing an intuitive way to correct errors. Users may change the digital ink colour by simply pressing a button on the digitizer, allowing them to add emphasis and dynamism to their notes and drawings.
Equipped with ThinkFree, it allows users to export handwritten notes as images and editable presentations and documents, the statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet