Giant mall opens in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi, October 23, 2013
Aldar Properties celebrated the launch of its iconic World Trade Center Mall (WTC Mall) in the UAE capital on Wednesday (October 23) offering the residents an exciting new shopping and dining experience with a range of key brand names.
Located in the heart of Abu Dhabi on the site of the old Central Market, the WTC Mall is an all-encompassing cultural district with mid to premium retail, dining and entertainment offers.
It houses more than 160 shops, over 20 dining outlets and an eight-screen cinema –all contained within the iconic design and architecture of Sir Norman Foster. Alongside the many external landscaped terraces, the Mall provides a unique retail experience for both residents and tourists alike.
It is part of The World Trade Center Abu Dhabi, a fully-integrated mixed-use development that comprises four major assets besides the WTC Mall. These include WTC Souk with 250 retail outlets, the WTC Offices with 59 floors of premium office space and the WTC Residences with 474 luxurious units.
It will also feature a Courtyard Marriott Hotel with 195 rooms and direct access to the Mall and Souk. The development joins nearly 330 World Trade Centers located in nearly 100 countries around the world, which share the common purpose of facilitating and developing two-way, international trade and business.
One of the Mall’s most significant offerings is the opening of popular British department store, House of Fraser – making it one of the capital’s largest department stores with over 170 brands to choose from.
Opening for the first time in the Middle East, House of Fraser at the WTC Mall marks the company’s first flagship store outside of the United Kingdom and Ireland’s 60 outlets.
With a variety of stores and brand names to choose from, the WTC Mall features world-renowned retailers unique to Abu Dhabi such as Karen Millen, BCBGMaxazria, M.Missoni, Rodeo Drive, Gerry Webber, Via Rodeo who will be opening their doors in emirate for the first time.
Visitors can also explore a variety of delicious dining options for the first time in Abu Dhabi, such as popular burger joints Shake Shack and Fat Burger and PF Chang’s in addition to established café favourites such as Starbucks, Dome Café,Costa Café and Brioche Doree.
Commenting on the launch, Mohammed Al Mubarak, the deputy chief executive at Aldar Properties said the WTC Mall completes the transformation of Abu Dhabi’s historic Central Market area, which was – and now remains – the heart of shopping in the capital.
"The development also signifies Aldar’s contribution to the forward-looking vision of Abu Dhabi’s future, through a place where unique experiences happen," noted Al Mubarak.
Talal Al Dhiyebi, the executive director of Asset Management at Aldar said the WTC Mall is truly a modern interpretation of the historic experience of the Central Market area – one the first and richest heritage and commercial hubs in Abu Dhabi.
"It is a crucial component of the overall World Trade Center development and an important addition to Aldar’s diversified real estate portfolio in Abu Dhabi. This is yet another example of how the company aims to meet the growing need for high quality retail offerings in the heart of the capital," he added.
Nabil Daud, the CEO of Retail Arabia International, which represents House of Fraser in the region, said, “We are very excited to announce the opening of the first international flagship store of House of Fraser, which marks the beginning of an expansion plan for the brand in the Middle East.
Residents and tourists alike will be able to enjoy a unique, new shopping experience in the heart of Abu Dhabi, he stated.
"House of Fraser will bring many new Brands to the city as well as an unparalleled level of services and offerings, which will set a new standard to the Retail experience in the City, he remarked.
House of Fraser – Abu Dhabi spans 100,000 sq ft across four floors with an extensive offering of women's wear, men's wear, children's wear, shoes, accessories, home and beauty departments.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices