Mideast retail leaders to meet in Dubai
Dubai, October 21, 2013
Retail leaders will gather to discuss sustainable development of retail in the Middle East at a two-day forum in Dubai.
The annual Middle East Retail Forum (MRF) and Images Retail ME Awards 2013 will take place at the JW Marriott Marquis on October 28 and 29 and is being sponsored by Line Investment, a subsidiary of Lulu Group.
The event is being organised by Images RetailME, a B2B publications dedicated to the retail sector in the region.
Young business heads Shafeena Yusuff Ali (CEO of Tablez Food Company), Muna Al Gurg (retail director – Easa Saleh Al Gurg), Joy Ghossoub (managing director, Jas Group) and Nisha Jagtiani (business head – Iconic), will lead discussions at the forum on topics including ‘Breaking gender boundaries in retail’ and ‘Unboxing ideas for retail innovation from young and dynamic retail entrepreneurs.’
“MRF acts as a great platform bringing together retailers as well as representatives from the public sector to share values and vision to boost retail growth in the region,” said Nilesh Ved, chairman and founder, Apparel Group.
“Retail developments across the region are all over the news demonstrating the progress of real estate and economy in general. Today, leading developers are looking into the industry’s evolving needs and sustainability objectives. Majid Al Futtaim Properties looks forward to sharing its best practices at MRF,” said Dimitri Vazelakis, executive managing director, shopping mall at MAF Properties.
Over 750 delegates will attend the forum and the annual Images RetailME Awards 2013 will honour retailing excellence in the Middle East on the evening of October 28.
Nominations for the awards come in 24 categories including fashion, gold and jewellery; footwear and accessories; sportswear; children’s wear; beauty and wellness; pharmacy and healthcare; home and office improvement; consumer electronics; entertainment; leisure; luxury; food service; best marketing campaign; best social media campaigns; retail launch; store design; rising star; online retailer of the year; store manager of the year; CRM initiatives; responsible retailer of the year; international retailer of the year; and the Middle East retailer of the year. - TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet