BMMI expands its reach in African market
Manama, October 21, 2013
Bahrain-based BMMI, through its fully owned subsidiary Global Sourcing & Supply (GSS), has expanded its reach into the African market.
The group recently acquired land occupation rights and a logistics base in Port-Gentil, Gabon (Central Africa) for BD 2 million ($5.2 million), said a statement.
It also completed the acquisition of its joint venture companies’ partner shares in both Sudan and South Sudan, for a total of $747, 700, it said.
Since 2008, GSS, the integrated facilities management subsidiary of BMMI, a diversified retail and distribution contract services and supply group, has successfully provided a comprehensive range of contracted services to commercial, governmental and NGO clients in mature and developing markets.
The company currently operates in Mali, Gabon, Ghana, Sudan, South Sudan and Burkina Faso, and runs a new hub in Kenya, which provides access to the markets of Tanzania, Uganda and Somalia.
GSS offers services supplied to industries as diverse as NGOs, mining, infrastructure and oil and gas, with a focus on temporary structures, facility management and food and hospitality services in both onshore and offshore sectors. - TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Epson launches T-shirt printer
- AOC unveils 27-inch LED monitor
- UAE jeweller rolls out red carpet collection
- Canon focus on growth at partner meet
- Philips smooth touch monitor launched
- Lenovo to launch new smartphone in UAE
- Sony unveils new Bluetooth speakers
- Etisalat launches Apple shop in shop
- Samsonite launches new collection
- DGCX volumes up 51pc in November