BMMI expands its reach in African market
Manama, October 21, 2013
Bahrain-based BMMI, through its fully owned subsidiary Global Sourcing & Supply (GSS), has expanded its reach into the African market.
The group recently acquired land occupation rights and a logistics base in Port-Gentil, Gabon (Central Africa) for BD 2 million ($5.2 million), said a statement.
It also completed the acquisition of its joint venture companies’ partner shares in both Sudan and South Sudan, for a total of $747, 700, it said.
Since 2008, GSS, the integrated facilities management subsidiary of BMMI, a diversified retail and distribution contract services and supply group, has successfully provided a comprehensive range of contracted services to commercial, governmental and NGO clients in mature and developing markets.
The company currently operates in Mali, Gabon, Ghana, Sudan, South Sudan and Burkina Faso, and runs a new hub in Kenya, which provides access to the markets of Tanzania, Uganda and Somalia.
GSS offers services supplied to industries as diverse as NGOs, mining, infrastructure and oil and gas, with a focus on temporary structures, facility management and food and hospitality services in both onshore and offshore sectors. - TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain