UAE retailer eyes 25pc sales growth
Dubai, October 6, 2013
Plug Ins, Al-Futtaim’s multi-brand consumer electronics retailer aims to achieve a 25 per cent growth in sales at the Gitex Shopper with a series of value-added consumer focused offers including exciting deals on smartphones, tablets, cameras and panels.
Under the special offer, those spending a minimum of Dh500 ($136) can win a Lexus IS250 premier in a mega raffle draw in addition to thousands of dirhams worth of prizes to be won every day, each hour.
Sean Connor, the general manager, said: "Plug Ins has been part of the Gitex shopper since its inception in 2000. Over the years, we’ve seen the shopper grow both in terms of size, participants and attendees."
Plug Ins represents over 350 leading brands in the UAE through an established network of eight stores located in popular shopping destinations including Dubai Festival City Mall, The Dubai Mall, Al-Ghurair Centre, Mall of the Emirates, Deira City Centre, two stores in Marina Mall, Abu Dhabi and the newly opened connect store in Al Wahda Mall in Abu Dhabi.
According to Connor, this year the company is expecting 25 per cent increase in sales as customers look to take advantage of its value bundles and exciting offers.
"On top of that, we’ll be giving away hourly prizes worth thousands of dirhams and a grand prize of a Lexus IS250 premier at the end of the show for one lucky winner," he stated.
Under the special offer, on purchase of any notebook or desktop, Plug Ins will give away a 7" Tablet, 1TB Seagate external hard drive, Canon inkjet printer, USB speaker, MS Office 365 premium pack, backpack, headset with mic, USB mouse and an Antivirus absolutely free.
For televisions, the UAE retailer will give a gold plated HDMI cable, Smart TV convertor, 1TB hard drive and a Tablet on purchase of the latest and smartest panels.
Smartphones buyers will receive added value in the form of free Bluetooth, memory card, 7" Tablet, multi charger, portable charger, Plug Ins gift voucher, sim card and a Seagate 1TB external hard drive, said Connor.
For those buying tablets, the retailer will give Bluetooth keyboard folio, smartphone, Plug Ins gift voucher, screen protector, stylus, sim card and memory card.
Customers purchasing the latest cameras will receive 8GB ultra SD card, USB speaker, Tripod, Tablet and 1TB external hard disk, he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia