Gitex Shopper opens in Dubai
Dubai, October 6, 2013
Gitex Shopper 2013, a leading consumer electronics show in the Middle East, kicked off yesterday (October 5) with deals on over 30,000 electronics items from top brands and power retailers in Dubai.
It was officially opened by Sheikh Majid Bin Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Chairman of the Dubai Culture and Arts Authority and is taking place at the Dubai World Trade Centre until October 12.
More than 200,000 visitors are expected to attend the show, which is open 12 hours a day.
“Gitex Shopper is an eight day extravaganza of buzz, bargains and high energy, all under one roof, and we’re looking forward to an exceptional show this year,” said Trixie Loh Mirmand, senior vice president, DWTC, organiser of the show.
The brands on show include Acer, Bose, Blackberry, Dell, Intel and HP, Nestle, Nokia, LG, Toshiba, Samsung, Seagate and Western Digital. It also includes the biggest names in the retail sector including Al Falak, E-City, Emax, Geekay Games, iStyle, Jacky’s Electronics, Jumbo Electronics, Max Electronics, Mega Electronics, MK Trading, One Mobile, 050 Telecom, Plugs Ins, Tec Buy and Sharaf DG.
More than 120 exhibitors will have new product launches and offers across the full range of technology, communication and entertainment sectors.
“Under the Gitex Shopper campaign ‘The Biggest Gitex Offer Ever!,’ Sharaf DG is giving away a 2014 model BMW316i car with every purchase of 84 inch, 4K Ultra HD TV from Hisense. Be one of the first 20 customers to grab this deal and you will get instant delivery. Millions worth of free gifts, bundles and unmatchable offers across laptops, tablets, mobiles, cameras, televisions and more will be up for grabs,” said Nilesh Khalkho, CEO of Sharaf DG.
Mathew Thomas, general manager, Printing and Personal Systems, HP Middle East, said: “We will be showcasing HP’s latest touch technologies as we deliver on our promise of ‘Innovation for the Next Generation’.”
Tickets to the event are priced at Dh30 ($8) per person and is available at the venue and from selected EPPCO, ENOC and Zoom outlets. - TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet
- Italian fashion brand opens Dubai Mall store