Christie’s offers 195 works at Dubai sale
Dubai, October 3, 2013
Christie’s, a leading art business and fine arts auction house, will offer 195 works of modern and contemporary Arab, Iranian and Turkish art, across three different sales being on October 24.
A two-week long sale for Middle Eastern art will run from October 24 to November 11, said a statement.
The pre-sale exhibition for Part I, Part II and the Watch sale will be open to the public from October 27 onwards at the Jumeirah Emirates Towers Hotel in Dubai, where a selection of the Part III lots will also be on view, it said.
Hala Khayat, associate director and head of sale, said: “The October sales are offering some of the most outstanding works of art by renowned artists throughout the Middle East. Artists like Mahmoud Saïd, Abdul Hadi El-Gazzar and Shafic Abboud will be presented in all three parts of this year’s sale, offering our clients different ways to interact with Christie’s.
“Part III the online-only sale, is a response to the increasing international interest in Middle Eastern art, allowing collectors to be active in the sale from anywhere in the world,” added Khayat. - TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Ajmal launches oriental fragrance
- Gitanjali group unveils diamond collection
- Sony launches new 3-in-1 Walkman
- Buyers flock to Dubai jewellery show
- Al Meera opens first 24/7 mall in Qatar
- Fijitsu scanners feature PaperStream
- LG launches new tablet in UAE
- Major jewellery expo opens in Dubai
- Weber renews Carrefour UAE partnership deal
- BMMI marks ‘Quality Month’