Top jewellery show opens at Sharjah
Sharjah, October 2, 2013
Low gold prices, the upcoming festive season and rising consumer confidence has set the pace for sales at a major jewellery fair that got under way in Sharjah yesterday (October 1).
The 35th edition of the MidEast Watch and Jewellery Show, which will run till October 5, is taking place at the Expo Centre Sharjah.
“The second quarter had seen good demand for jewellery and after a lull in the summer months, the show will sure set the pace for sales in the last quarter,” said Ahmed Mohammed Al Midfa, chairman of the Expo Centre Sharjah.
Gold is trading around $1,300 an ounce, some $600 below its September 2011 record high of $1,920.30 an ounce, making it highly attractive for jewellery lovers, he said.
The show is featuring more than 450 exhibitors representing master jewellers and some of the leading jewellery chains from across the world.
“For the first time, the show will host the Italian Art Pavilion, featuring creations of Maurizio Fusari that are inspired by themes and motifs associated with the region,” said CEO Saif Mohammed Al Midfa.
Some of the premium creations that are being displayed at the Italian Art Pavilion include ‘Aisan Al Arab’, the design of which is based on Arabian horses, the ‘Rawda’ inspired by the Arab garden, and the complex ‘Baab Al Hajj’ jewel that denotes the pilgrimage to Makkah.
“Aiming to add more value, the show is featuring seminars, organised by Gemology Institute of America, targeting those interested in knowing what actually goes into the making of their stunning jewellery designs,” he added. - TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet