Top brands, big bargains to mark Gitex Shopper
Dubai, September 30, 2013
Record-breaking bargain deals on giant global brands will be among the highlights of this year’s Gitex Shopper, the region’s largest consumer IT and electronics show set to open next week in Dubai.
Running from October 5 to 12 at the Dubai World Trade Centre, Gitex Shopper will offer more than 30,000 products, and unbeatable offers on gadgets that include digital SLR cameras, smartphones, tablets, laptops and LED SmartTVs, while a broad range of exciting, ingenious and wacky gizmos and accessories are being added to bundled deals.
Top brands at the show include Acer, Bose, Blackberry, Dell, Intel and HP, through to Nestle, Nokia, LG, Toshiba, Samsung, Seagate and Western Digital.
“There is nothing that compares to Gitex Shopper, from the most famous brands in the world and the latest technology products, to the unbelievable choice all in one convenient location,” said Trixie LohMirmand, senior vice president, Dubai World Trade Centre, organiser of Gitex Shopper 2013.
“Our exhibitors have put together an unbeatable range of products and special offers and visitors to the show will not be disappointed. Add to this, the promotions, competitions, giveaways and raffles to win prizes that include a sporty Opel Astra GTC every day, this is a show not to be missed.”
Nokia, a global leader in mobile communications, will be showcasing the latest technologies.
Vithesh Reddy, general manager, Nokia Lower Gulf said: “Our exciting news is the Middle East launch at Gitex Shopper 2013 of the highly anticipated Nokia Lumia 1020. The show is the ideal platform for Nokia to showcase the device which establishes a new benchmark in smartphone imaging to date.
“Unlike any smartphone in the market today the Nokia Lumia 1020 reinvents zoom, enabling people to discover more detail than the eye can see. With Nokia’s innovative PureView technology, including optical image stabilization, the device is able to produce some of the sharpest images possible by any digital camera.”
LG, the global leader and technology innovator in consumer electronics, mobile communications and home appliances, will be introducing two flagship products with breakthrough features.
D Y Kim, president of LG Electronics, Gulf FZE said: “Under the unifying theme of ‘Learning from You’, UAE consumers will get a glimpse of our flagship smartphone, the LG G2. Based on LG’s research of consumer lifestyle and behaviors, the smartphone offers users more real-life benefits such as ergonomic design, practical functions and an intuitive user experience.”
“We will also be unveiling the World’s First Curved 3D OLED TV to the region. It has the most innovative WRGB technology with 8.3M sub-pixels that will provide picture perfect images which the world has never seen.”
Ratish Pandey, general manager-India, Middle East and Africa, Bose, said: “We have been participating in Gitex shopper for the last couple of years. This year, we will be showcasing two new products that will redefine enjoyment of music, QuietComfort20 In-Ear Noise cancelling headsets and Bose SoundLink Mini Compact Bluetooth speaker.”
“In addition to this, we will have some amazing offers on a wide array of Personal audio and on our select home theater systems The Bose LS V25, a system that helps bring home the magic of movies.”
Intel, the world's biggest semiconductor chip maker will be showcasing the latest Intel technologies including Intel based tablets, and 2 in 1 devices. Visitors will be able to enjoy demos of the recently announced 4th Generation Core processors, Intel Iris Graphics technology including enhanced video and gaming graphics in our experience zones.
Adding to the dynamic festival feel of Gitex Shopper, millions of dirhams worth of prizes will be up for grabs with promotions; ‘Visit & Win’ raffle prizes, ‘Scratch and win’ competitions, gift vouchers and giveaway. Visitors can get one ‘Visit & Win’ coupon for every ticket paid to win Intel based tablets and to enter the raffle to win the daily grand prize draw: an Opel Astra GTC. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet