New Carrefour outlet opens in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi, September 28, 2013
Deerfields Townsquare Shopping Centre (DTSSC), an 80,000 sq m community mall located in the north-eastern suburbs of Abu Dhabi, has announced the opening of its Carrefour hypermarket.
DTSSC is a flagship project of venture capital firm Mubarak Brothers Investments (MBI), a company specializing in retail estate, industrial, services and financial investments.
The launch of the Carrefour hypermarket, is one of the many planned major store openings at DTSSC that will continue throughout the first quarter of 2014, said a senior offical.
“Expanding Majid Al Futtaim Retail footprint in the region is of utmost importance to us,” remarked Younis Al Mulla, MAF’s senior VP (Majid Al Futtaim Retail).
Benefitting from a strategic location along the main highway, the Carrefour outlet will serve as an anchor store to DTSSC and complements the Abu Dhabi Urban Planning Council’s Revitalization Master Plan for the surrounding communities that include the Shahama and Bahia areas.
“Since our full acquisition of the Carrefour franchise in May this year, we are taking our responsibility of this world renowned brand extremely seriously. By continually engaging in new activities and expanding our Carrefour stores and offerings we can consistently grow the brand throughout the region while maintaining the same high standard of service that is now synonymous with all of MAF’s endeavors,” stated Al Mulla.
Carrefour, an industry leader and innovator, is the first retailer to introduce the hypermarket model to the Middle East and is renowned for initiatives such as selling reusable bags to help conserve the environment for future generations. This makes the brand a key tenant of DTSSC, he added.
This newest store will offer Carrefour’s usual vast selection of fresh produces from around the world as well as locally grown produce direct from the UAE’s own land.
The in-store bakery, fishery and butchers means that customers can expect the freshest, cleanest, finest products available in the region. A huge variety of household items, coupled with customer-service excellence and the lowest possible prices guaranteed, is what will be found in this newest hypermarket offering.
"We are delighted to be opening our newest hypermarket in Deerfields Townsquare Mall and to be able to bring our high standard of produce and customer service to Abu Dhabi’s suburban areas," said Jean-Luc Graziato, the UAE country manager of Carrefour.
"Carrefour prides itself on supporting local communities both with our adaptive product selection catering to each community’s needs, and our offering of locally grown fresh produce," he added.
Saeed Abdul Jalil Al Fahim, the chairman of Mubarak & Brothers Financial and Property Investment, said during the early planning and selection phase for the retail line-up, Carrefour was clearly a top choice.
"The integrity, excellence and familiarity that the brand brings is definitely an important factor in making Deerfields Townsquare’s presence felt in its surrounding areas. It reflects our genuine commitment to offering the best in retail such as the giant Carrefour hypermarket to our unique audiences," he added.
On completion, DTSSC will feature 180 stores representing several of the top retailers which will serve over 200,000 residents in the immediate catchment areas of Shahama, Bahia, Al Raha, Al Rahba and Khalifa City, said Al Fahim.
"Also it will attract the potential visitors from the estimated 400,000 vehicles that pass by the mall’s vicinity each week who can avail of the mall’s 3,000 parking slots," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint