Sharaf DG opens new outlet in Bahrain
Manama, September 27, 2013
Leading regional retailer Sharaf DG opened its third outlet in Bahrain yesterday hoping for a revival in the market that has been in a slump over the last year.
The 11,000 sqft store located within the Ramli Mall in A'Ali is positioned to attract the more than 50,000 residents of A'Ali and Isa Town catchment area.
"While our sales have not grown as the market sentiment has been negative, we have fared reasonably and are optimistic about a pick-up," managing director Yasser Sharaf told the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication, on the sidelines of the inauguration.
"Bahrain is one of the fastest growing economies in the world. The residents in Bahrain and the increased flow of tourists into Bahrain make it a very attractive market for Sharaf DG. We are very fortunate to have been welcomed into Bahrain five years back and have had a strong growth in terms of market share," he said.
"As part of our retail expansion strategy we wanted to be closer to our customers. This store in Ramli Mall addresses an untapped market and provides convenience of location to one of the fast growing areas in Bahrain. Along with our award winning world class service levels, we bring to A'Ali a wide range of electronic products across categories, from top brands in the world, at the best price that Sharaf DG is famous for!"
Speaking about the offerings that differentiate Sharaf DG from other retailers, Sharaf said: "Apart from the widest choice, best value and trusted service, Sharaf DG is known for its 24-hour Brand Promise, DG Help, Extended Warranty, DG Remote and DG Data Recovery.
Sharaf DG also offers a loyalty programme in association with Air Miles. Customers can earn and spend Air Miles when they shop at Sharaf DG."
Sharaf DG is the only electronics retailer in Bahrain to have only employees and no promoters, a key component in Sharaf DG's promise to the customers - to increase customer experience instore and also have customers' interest at the heart of the selling process. Our employees are trained to help customers buy."
"Plans are underway to open two more outlets in the next few years," he added.
In a short span of eight years, Sharaf DG has come a long way to becoming the preferred destination for electronics purchases in Bahrain, Oman, Qatar and the UAE.
According to Sharaf DG country manager Shayaz Ibrahim, the store will offer 300 global brands and nearly 11,000 stock-keeping units in consumer electronics, telecommunications, home entertainment and information technology.
"Along with our award winning world class service levels, we will have the best price that Sharaf DG is famous for," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices