Samsung unveils new Galaxy phone in Egypt
Cairo, September 23, 2013
Samsung Electronics recently launched its Samsung Galaxy Mega in the Egyptian market, a device that combines the portability of a smartphone with the power, multi-tasking capabilities and extensive viewing experience of a tablet.
The newest addition to the Galaxy family balances an optimal viewing experience on two different screen sizes (6.3- or 5.8-inch HD screen), yet is ultra-thin and portable enough to put into a pocket or hold in one hand. The Galaxy Mega offers a mix of popular smartphone and tablet features, such as an effortless user experience, a split screen, multitasking between video and other apps and more.
“Over the past couple of years, the Egyptian market showed great interest in tablets and advanced smartphones. As such, we are keen to continue providing our users with innovative, cutting-edge devices that not only match their expectations, but exceed them.” said Duke Park, vice president of Samsung Egypt.
“We are aware of the great potential of the bigger screen for extensive viewing multimedia, web browsing, and more. So, we are excited to offer another choice to meet our consumers’ varying lifestyles, all while maintaining the high-quality features of the award-winning Galaxy series.”
With 6.3-inch and 5.8-inch HD LCD screen and landscape mode support, the Galaxy Mega enables an exceptional widescreen view for various applications including web browsing, video, and SNS.
The Galaxy Mega also comes in a light and thin shape for incredible portability and easy, convenient mobile phone use. Customers can stay connected with a variety of new phone features including Group Play, Samsung WatchON, Samsung Link, S Translator and ChatON.
Moreover, the Galaxy Mega allows users to accomplish more with the rich, interactive experience and increased usability of the widescreen mode. Split screen capability for a variety of applications including email, messages, ‘MyFiles,’ ‘S Memo,’ ‘S Planner’, and more, makes for increased efficiency. With the popular ‘Air View’ feature, customers can preview information in emails, photos in Gallery, and speed dial contacts.
The Galaxy Mega is also equipped with an enhanced 8 megapixel rear-facing camera with a 1.9 megapixel front-facing camera, along with a variety of camera modes including ‘Drama Shot’ (merging continuous shots of a moving object), ‘Sound & Shot’ (captures 9 seconds of sound and voice together as the picture is taken to capture moments), ‘Rich tone,’ ‘Sports’ and more.
Both Galaxy Mega 6.3 and 5.8 run on the latest Android 4.2 Jelly Bean experience, and feature Dual Core Processor, spacious internal storage along with up to 64GB of expandable memory to store favorite apps, music, videos, photos and more.
The devices’ advanced software also facilitates more efficient processor use for improved battery life, meaning users can enjoy longer talk time and multimedia use. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet