Investcorp eyes Versace stake
Milan, September 18, 2013
Bahrain-based fund Investcorp is one of several investors who have expressed interest in buying a stake in Versace, one of Italy's best-known luxury brands, sources close to the situation said.
According to the sources the list of those interested includes Italy's strategic fund FSI, AXA Private Equity, UK-based private equity fund Permira and Italy's Clessidra. Versace is expected to sell a stake of 15-20 per cent.
The sources said Versace's advisers were looking to define within days a list of four of five players with which to start more concrete discussions.
China's Fosum and South Korea's E-Land, two of the names that had been circulating in the Press, have said they are not interested, while sources said Qatar was looking less likely to bid despite holding talks with the group earlier this year.-Reuters
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Epson launches T-shirt printer
- AOC unveils 27-inch LED monitor
- UAE jeweller rolls out red carpet collection
- Canon focus on growth at partner meet
- Philips smooth touch monitor launched
- Lenovo to launch new smartphone in UAE
- Sony unveils new Bluetooth speakers
- Etisalat launches Apple shop in shop
- Samsonite launches new collection
- DGCX volumes up 51pc in November