New mall opens in Al Ain
Al Ain, September 11, 2013
Wahat Hili Mall, a three-storey retail and leisure destination built on a 30,000 sq m area in a bustling suburb in northern Al Ain, has opened its door to customers.
The mall boasts of 160 retail outlets including its biggest anchor, Géant Hypermarket - a brand that marks its debut in the city on a 6,900 sq m retail space.
Among the other famous names making their foray into Al Ain are Fitness First, family entertainment centre My Play Zone and electronics anchor E-Max, while a deal with Landmark Group sees the addition of Baby Shop, Splash, Shoexpress and Lifestyle.
Local, regional and international brands make up 65 per cent of the mall’s gross leasable area (GLA), with more to confirm their tenancy soon, said a senior official at the launch.
“It has been a long and fascinating journey getting to where we are now and I would like to say thank you to the developers, local supporters, retailers and all other stakeholders who have made this possible. We believe that Wahat Hili Mall will put Al Ain firmly on the map as a destination of choice for visitors from far and wide,” remarked CEO Saeed Al Dhaheri.
The mall also has a number of restaurants, cafes and fast food facilities. A total of 14 casual dining outlets will cater to the customers' taste besides a food court with 13 eateries.
These include Baskin Robbins, Burger Hood, China Wall, Fresco, Jamaica Blue, La Brioche, Le Bistro, McDonald’s, Papa John’s Pizza, Pizzaro ,Salamlek, Solidair Restaurant and Subway. Food and beverage outlets make up 22 per cent of the mall’s GLA, said Al Dhaheri.
“We are confident that we can cater for everyone’s needs at Wahat Hili Mall,” said Mohamad El Sabawi, the general manager of Wahat Hili Mall.
“We have some of the world’s most popular and well-known brands for goods retailing, food & beverage and leisure. The concept is that the centre will be a family experience for our visitors, with something for each member,” he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet