Samsung unveils 'world's first curved UHD TV'
Berlin, September 11, 2013
Samsung Electronics showed its leadership in the Ultra High Definition (UHD) TV market by unveiling the world’s first ‘Curved UHD TV’ (65- and 55-inch sizes) at the IFA 2013, the largest consumer electronics tradeshow in Europe.
The Curved UHD TV joins a growing Samsung line up of UHD TVs including 110 inches to 98-, 85-, 65- and 55-inch models. This extensive line up of UHD TVs confirms that the next generation of television technology has begun in earnest.
The Curved UHD TV follows the company’s recent release of the Curved OLED TV that launched across the world including South Korea and US after it was initially unveiled at CES 2013 earlier this year.
The new UHD TV models deliver unrivaled picture quality due to the combination of UHD TV’s great details and curved shape providing a more immersive experience and enhanced sense of presence, said a company statement.
"We introduced the world's first "Curved UHD TV" at IFA 2013 to meet various consumer expectations waiting for next new generation TV technology," said EVP Hyun-suk Kim, the head of the Visual Display business at Samsung Electronics.
"This will be a milestone opening a new era of next generation TV by invigorating UHD TV market," stated Hyun-suk Kim.
Realizing curved UHD TV is more difficult to produce than curved OLED TV due to the panel characteristics. The world’s first curved UHD TV proved Samsung’s unbeatable position in TV technology once again, said the company satement.
Given that UHD TV market is still at its initial stage, Samsung's will release the Curved UHD TV to market based on consumer response and market demands, he added.-TradeArabia News Service
Tags: Samsung |
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices