Batelco offers new Nokia 4G smartphone
Manama, September 10, 2013
Batelco, a major telecom group in Bahrain, has become the first local telecom operator to offer the fast and affordable 4G Nokia Lumia 625.
The Nokia Lumia 625 delivers high-speed entertainment to a wide audience with a large 4.7-inch super-sensitive LCD screen and 4G Internet access, a statement said.
It is available as part of an attractive package deal priced at BD17 ($44.8) per month. The package features 4G service, 80 free voice minutes and unlimited data with no down-payment. The device is also available without a package priced at BD103.
Batelco general manager Consumer Division Muna Al Hashimi said: “We recognize the important role that smartphones have come to play in the daily lives of individuals and accordingly we strive to deliver a varied range of styles and price plans to meet all needs and requirements.”
The Nokia Lumia 625 offers the choice of five brightly coloured changeable shells, which add to the Live Tile personalisation brought by Windows Phone 8. Colours available include black, white, yellow, orange and green.
"With our largest smartphone screen to date, the Nokia Lumia 625 is a perfect example of how Nokia is delivering leading smartphone innovation and experiences at every price point," said Nokia Lower Gulf general manager Vithesh Reddy.
“The transition to 4G is gathering pace in the region. With a super-fast internet connection, there’s a real demand for big, beautiful screens that help bring all the content to life and this is where the Nokia Lumia 625 arrives with a really competitive price to match.”
The Nokia Lumia 625 also provides many innovations found in the recently announced flagship Nokia Lumia 1020. These include a range of integrated camera applications like Nokia Smart Camera, offering handy features like removing unwanted objects from pictures, and Nokia Cinemagraph, which turns photos into living memories with added movement.
With access to more than 165,000 apps including Shahid.net, Vimeo, Temple Run and WhatsApp, the Nokia Lumia 625 offers faster mobile fun, as well as safer surfing with Internet Explorer 10 - making it ideal for viewing videos, games, and other content.
The Nokia Lumia 625 also offers SD memory card support, allowing up to 64GB of additional content storage.
With its big screen and super-fast connectivity, the Nokia Lumia 625 offers leading maps and location experiences from HERE, providing free maps including turn-by-turn navigation. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept