Eros launches Sonos wireless music player
Dubai, September 10, 2013
Eros Group, a leading regional distributor of global brands, has launched the Sonos Playbar, which brings immersive Hi-Fi sound to the TV and wirelessly streams music through one easy-to-use player.
Sathish Shenoy, advisor, Eros Group showcased the Sonos Playbar, the soundbar for music lovers, at a special press gathering.
The all-in-one design of Playbar combines an aluminum profile with high performance speaker fabric. Its built-in sensors help Playbar automatically adjust equalizer and channel orientation so it can lie flat on the TV stand or rotate for low profile wall-mounting above or below the TV.
Playbar features nine individually amplified speakers including six mid-woofers and three tweeters. Playbar’s advanced speaker array technology combines hardware and software to create a surprisingly wide soundstage beyond the physical soundbar, while maintaining crisp, centered vocals.
Deepak Babani, CEO, Eros Group said, “It’s a pleasure to announce the launch of Sonos Playbar in the UAE and GCC. With the fast evolution of Home Theatres that we have witnessed in the past five years, the category that grows within that segment is of sound bars.
“This is largely to complement and improve the sound quality of flat panels which is also selling quite well in the Middle East. The Sonos Playbar gives an added benefit of also streaming music from thousands of internet radios and music services such as Deezer, providing access to more than 25 million songs from around the world, now available in the Gulf region.”
The Playbar is designed for easy setup and use, and connects to the TV with a single optical cable, playing everything that is connected to it, including set-top boxes, Blu-ray players and game consoles.
It understands common audio formats output by TVs including Dolby Digital. One can control the volume or mute with a regular TV remote or with one of the free Sonos controller apps for iPhone, iPad, Android, Mac or PC. – TradeArabia News Service
Tags: Eros |
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet
- Italian fashion brand opens Dubai Mall store