Bahrain malls see big rise in footfall over Eid
Manama, August 15, 2013
Bahrain's shopping malls recorded a massive increase in visitors during the Eid Al Fitr holiday, with some outlets confirming the figures were the highest since the beginning of the year.
They cashed in as locals and tourists from across the Gulf descended on Manama to celebrate the end of Ramadan, according to a report in the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
Officials earlier said several of Bahrain's five-star hotels had full occupancy.
The deluge of visitors was mainly from Saudi Arabia, which declared a 12-day holiday.
Seef Mall management said they recorded one of the highest numbers of visitors over a three-day period this year.
"There was an increase of more than 50 per cent compared to last year's figures," said Seef properties assistant marketing manager Fatima Al Bustani.
Bahrain City Centre also witnessed a large number of visitors during the holidays.
"With Saudi Arabia enjoying extended holidays, we recorded large numbers of Saudis during this time, who enjoyed the range of festivities on offer," said senior mall manager Duaij Al Khalifa.
Up to 18,000 people also went to Bahrain Mall on the first three days of Eid.
Officials said the figures were not a record, but was healthy for a holiday. A total of 230,083 people entered Bahrain during the main three days of Eid Al Fitr. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Jewellery show set to open in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi