Splash names Salman Khan as brand ambassador
Dubai, August 12, 2013
Splash, a leading Dubai-based fashion retailer, has named Bollywood star Salman Khan as its brand ambassador.
A first from Splash in terms of celebrity associations, the announcement comes at the time when the brand is celebrating 20 years in the market.
The internationally acclaimed actor will be seen promoting the entire line-up of Splash clothing over the yearlong association, across various platforms of the brand and will be seen interacting with the wide audience that Splash caters to, said an official.
Raza Beig, CEO, said: “We are very excited to have star and style icon Salman Khan as the face of Splash in the region. Our relationship with Salman dates back to when we launched Being Human as part of our brand portfolio, which now gets stronger."
"Salman is a brand and his appeal spans through generations, classes and nationalities particularly with the Arabs in the region where every personality of his is loved and revered by his fans,” Beig added.
The AW’13 campaign featuring Salman Khan will be shot in London, and will be launched in the last week of August, said a statement.
Splash will also be shooting 30-second fashion films that will feature Salman in various looks and moods, and will be distributed online along with being available on all social media platforms, it said. - TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Al Meera opens first 24/7 mall in Qatar
- Fijitsu scanners feature PaperStream
- LG launches new tablet in UAE
- Major jewellery expo opens in Dubai
- Weber renews Carrefour UAE partnership deal
- BMMI marks ‘Quality Month’
- Philips launches Airfryer XL
- Mena online spending to hit $15bn by 2015
- China Homelife Dubai kicks off
- Acer launches new EMEA brand campaign