MAF still plans to issue hybrid bond
Dubai, July 25, 2013
Dubai mall developer Majid Al Futtaim (MAF) said on Thursday that it still plans to issue a hybrid bond that will partly fund its recent buyout of French retailer Carrefour's stake in a joint venture.
MAF delayed plans to raise at least $500 million from the hybrid bond in June due to market volatility.
"The market conditions in the last few weeks have been volatile and we are waiting for a receptive window for this issuance," said Iyad Malas, chief executive of MAF in an emailed statement announcing the company's first-half earnings.
"There is no change to our intention to issue the hybrid security."
MAF hired banks to partly finance the $683 million acquisition of Carrefour's 25-per cent stake in a joint venture through a hybrid bond issue, which combines elements of both debt and equity.
Financing an acquisition through the issuance of a hybrid bond would be the first such transaction in the region.
Unlisted MAF reported a first half revenue of 11.3 billion dirhams, up 10 per cent from the corresponding period in 2012. - Reuters
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet