UAE fashion brand launches new collection
Dubai, July 24, 2013
KhawlaWRoadha, an Emirati fashion label by designer sisters Khawla and Roadha Bin Khedia, launched its Ramadan collection at O Concept Store, a multi-branded boutique in Dubai.
Sporty styles of Arabic numbered T-shirts, sweat pants, skirts and dresses, the collection is made of light cotton fabrics with a dash of embroidery - a modern interpretation of Ramadan style. With its bold neon pink and neon green hues, it highlights the names of forgotten Khaleeji fabrics on the back of every piece, with limited edition of men’s t shirts included in the collection.
The signature piece for this collection is the traditional Suway'eya – designed for women in a variety of colours.
The young sisters made their debut in February with the launch of the Spring/Summer Collection titled “Dolls” – receiving outstanding response in UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar.
“For Ramadan we wanted to create a collection that presented our own style without the cliché of typical Ramadan fashion. During our trip to Spain, earlier this year, we were inspired by the modern street styles and translated that influence into this collection,” said the sisters.
“We wanted to add elements to reflect Ramadan and chose Arabic numbers and traditional names of Khaleeji fabrics – with the help of our grand mother, to add to the pieces. Many of us have forgotten our vintage fabrics; so we wanted to revive those in modern presentation with this collection,” they added. - TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain