Plug Ins registers 16pc growth during DSS
Dubai, July 11, 2013
Plug Ins, a leading UAE-based consumer electronics retailer, has registered 16 per cent sales growth during this year’s edition of Dubai Summer Surprises, a shopping and entertainment extravaganza.
Plug ins also saw visitor footfall increase by over nine per cent during the month-long event which ended recently.
Sales of Smartphones particularly the recently launched Samsung S4 and S4 zoom, Blackberry Z10, Q10 and the HTC One were popular among customers along with tablets from Apple and Samsung. This year there was also an increasing trend toward the bigger size TVs especially the premium 85-inch panels.
Sean Connor, general manager of Plug Ins said: “DSS has always been successful in creating a buzz and hype which were clearly visible from our sales numbers. We always try to up the ante and offer real value to our customers.
“This year, our customers benefitted from various bundle offers, gift vouchers and alongside our in-store competitions we were able to offer a whole new shopping experience to our customers.”
As part of its DSS offer, Plug Ins offered customers, purchasing the latest consumer electronics items including mobile phones, smartphones, cameras, tablets, notebooks and desktops, home appliances and the latest TV’s, gifts and vouchers worth Dh2 million ($544,000). – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Al Meera opens first 24/7 mall in Qatar
- Fijitsu scanners feature PaperStream
- LG launches new tablet in UAE
- Major jewellery expo opens in Dubai
- Weber renews Carrefour UAE partnership deal
- BMMI marks ‘Quality Month’
- Philips launches Airfryer XL
- Mena online spending to hit $15bn by 2015
- China Homelife Dubai kicks off
- Acer launches new EMEA brand campaign