BCC launches 4 initiatives for Ramadan
Manama, July 8, 2013
Bahrain City Centre (BCC), a leading shopping and leisure destination in the kingdom, has launched four initiatives to mark the spirit of giving and family values this Ramadan.
The four initiatives include ‘Make a Difference this Ramadan’, The City Barasti, Lewan Ramadan and Gergaoun.
The ‘Make-A-Difference this Ramadan’ is a region wide campaign of Majid Al Futtaim Properties, which has been supported by Bahrain City Centre since 2010.
A large donation box will be available at the Customer Service desk, where shoppers can donate used clothes, non-perishable food, books, and eyeglasses. All contributions will be then given to Al Noor Charity Welfare that provides assistance to the needy and support various humanitarian causes in the local community.
BCC is hosting two special activity stations: The City Barasti – two hospitality stations with traditional activities and entertainment; and Lewan Ramadan - a cultural village dedicated to sharing Islamic values and education in partnership with the Ministry of Social Development and VIVA jusoor.
The City Barasti will feature traditional activities and entertainment such as a falcon display, henna painting, Arabic calligraphy and live Oud performances.
Lewan Ramadan invites families to experience activities such as reading Islamic educational & historical books; E-learning; Islamic documentaries; traditional games and Puppet shows every day throughout Ramadan.
Celebrating a Bahraini custom recognised midway through Ramadan, Bahrain City Centre will host Gergaoun festive activities on July 21. Adding a twist to the tradition, children dressed in traditional clothes will receive small Gergaoun gifts and roam around the mall along with the traditional Bahraini band.
“Spreading the true essence of Ramadan is what Majid Al Futtaim Properties focuses on for the activities of the Holy Month,” said Duaij Khalifa Al Rumaihi, senior mall manager at Bahrain City Centre.
“Through our family-themed activities, we wish to keep the spirit of solidarity, compassion and solidarity that will create an impact to the community. Our efforts to reiterate the principles that are taught in Islam underline our commitment for being a socially-responsible organisation.”
During Ramadan, the mall hours will extend until 1am during weekdays and until 2am during the last 10 days of Ramadan.
Bahrain City Centre is part of the City Centre family across the region and has been developed and managed by Majid Al Futtaim Properties, a subsidiary of the Majid Al Futtaim Group. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia