Bosch launches eco-friendly washing machine
Dubai, July 8, 2013
Bosch Home Appliances has launched the environment-friendly Avantixx range of washing machines in the UAE.
Regarded as one of the most environmentally friendly product lines in Europe and Australia, the range holds the highest energy efficiency rating (A+++), according to the European Union Energy Label.
“By launching a product of this calibre into the UAE marketplace we are showing our commitment to the sustainable environmental practices the UAE government and public is currently striving for,” said marketing director Georg Kazantzidis.
“With the launch of the Avantixx onto the local market, we believe it could have a significant impact on households’ water and energy consumption over the course of the next three-to-five years, as more and more energy efficient products begin to enter the market and energy efficiency becomes a key factor for consumers.”
Using the water management technology ActiveWater, the machines use only six litres of water per wash cycle, compared to standard washing machines which use up to 10 litres, said a statement.
Other benefits include a dual injection water system that minimises the friction of textiles against gasket and door for optimal laundry care and a new paddle design that can carry more water and ensures constant waterflow, minimising soaking time and quick distribution of water and detergent through all textiles, it said.
The new side panel design increases stability and reduces vibrations, contributing to low noise levels.
Earlier this year, the company launched an environmental initiative – the Green Star campaign – aimed at promoting sustainability by encouraging communities to save resources in their everyday lives and become a ‘Green Star’. - TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet