Jacky’s founder named in Forbes leaders list
Dubai, July 7, 2013
The founder and managing director of Dubai-based Jacky’s Group of Companies has been included in Forbes Middle East’s first list of top 100 Indian Leaders in the UAE for 2013.
Jacky Panjabi was ranked 19th on the elite index due to his perseverance to convert Jacky’s Group of Companies to become an international conglomerate for consumer electronics retail, distribution, and B2B solutions spanning across the UAE, Hong Kong, Singapore, Bangladesh, Tanzania, Kenya and Uganda.
He started the company at the age of 17 as a mail order business in Hong Kong in 1970 until establishing the local office in Dubai in 1985 and opening the first Jacky’s Electronics in 1988.
Prior to being included in the prestigious Forbes ME list, Panjabi was also among the Pacesetters 2, a group of Indian businessmen who made it big in the UAE. He received this award in February 2013.
The ranking was a result of in-depth research into Indian professionals and entrepreneurs residing and/or operating businesses in the UAE. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Dutch food retailer SPAR announces Oman foray
- Panasonic unveils new range of kettles
- Tecbuy expands store-in-store concept in UAE
- Samsung launches advanced Galaxy model
- Majid Al Futtaim unveils new logo
- Rasasi showcases at Abu Dhabi expo
- Bawadi Mall draws record visitors in 2013
- Dubai retailer MAF plans $5bn investment by 2018
- Intersport opens store in Dammam
- Chinese fair opens in Sharjah