Naseem Ahmad Jawa
Magiff offers franchising schemes in Saudi
Jeddah, June 27, 2013
Global personal care brand Magiff has launched new business franchising schemes in Saudi Arabia, targeting the kingdom’s growing retail beauty sector.
“We are pleased to launch an innovating franchising scheme for the Saudi market that will help creating hundreds of jobs in the coming three years,” explained Naseem Ahmad Jawa, director Retail of Spret, the trading company of Magiff.
“Small and Middle enterprises would be the focal point of interest for Magiff Franchising module targeting the young generation that forms more than 70 per cent of the Kingdom’s population. We call upon all small and medium enterprises to explore the genuine opportunities in our franchising schemes.
“Saudi women's entrepreneurship potential is also another opportunity empowering local women that represent a major and relevant source to the development of franchising sector especially in the beauty sector that appeals profoundly for women,” he added.
The Saudi retail beauty sector has been witnessing one of the world’s highest growths exceeding the 30 per cent mark across all levels and outperforming the 10 per cent global level with special interest in innovative specialised products such as hand and nail care.
This entire positive outcome is also backed by the demographic and shopping trends that indicate continuous growth exceeding 20 per cent year-on-year due to a severe shortage of shopping space despite the presence of more than 60 malls in Jeddah and Riyadh alone.
In addition to conventional retail space in malls, major new additions will take place with the huge expansion plan at Jeddah airport and its duty free that will open in 2017, the expansion of Aljanadriah festival retail capability, and the all year round Umrah visa policy.
Spret Retail began operations in 2003 and is now one of the leading retailers in the GCC. Spret Retail comprises a portfolio of brands that are offered in over 70 locations across four countries. With the UAE being its central operating hub, Spret is present in all the major malls across the UAE, Oman and Bahrain.
Their current brand portfolio includes Oro Gold Cosmetics, Magiff Cosmetics, Tanamera, Arabee Fashion, Cool Gadgets, OYE, Kariza & NYS Collection. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder