Forbes names LuLu chief Indian leader in UAE
Manama, June 27, 2013
LuLu Group International managing director Yusuffali MA has topped the inaugural Forbes "100 Top Indian leaders in the UAE" list.
Forbes, the world's top business and financial source, unveiled the list at an event held at the Oberoi in Dubai, according to a report in the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
Landmark Group chairman Micky Jagtiani came in the second position while Dr B R Shetty of NMC group stood in the third position.
Yusuffali has also been featured in the latest Forbes billionaires list with a net worth of $1.5 billion.
He heads the Abu Dhabi-headquartered LuLu Group, which has $4.25 billion in sales and runs 105 hypermarkets, supermarkets, department stores and shopping malls in the Mena region and India.
This latest ranking considers courageous individuals who founded their enterprises, just as the UAE was finding its feet, and influential business owners who are shaping and driving their companies' success. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Jewellery show set to open in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal