Panasonic unveils tablet range in UAE
Dubai, June 18, 2013
Al-Futtaim Panatech, exclusive distributor of Panasonic products in the UAE, has unveiled a new range of tablet PCs, the Toughpad from Panasonic.
Built on the strength of Panasonic’s rugged laptop line, the tablets are available in 7-inch and 10-inch display.
The Panasonic Toughpad tablets are engineered to not only withstand the hard knocks of life on the road, but to operate flawlessly in intense sunlight and heat, as well as in dusty and dirty environments, pouring rain and freezing temperatures, a statement said.
The tablets are available both in Android and Windows 8 operating systems.
“The Panasonic Toughpad provides business users optimum efficiency with unique ruggedness and enterprise grade security,” said Shaun Sullivan, general manager, Al-Futtaim Panatech.
“The Toughpad is aimed at mobile application users in key verticals such as public safety and utilities, automotive, retail, hospitality, healthcare, and field maintenance, where ready availability of data is business critical.”
The Panasonic Toughpad combines data and device security, seamless connectivity and enterprise-minded technology, and complies with rugged specifications such as MIL-STD-810G military equipment test standard for four feet drop and all weather use, IP65 for dust and water resistant design, and fully sealed ports along with very high daylight viewable screen.
The Panasonic range of Toughpad tablets starts at Dh6,000 ($1,633), according to the statement. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain