Nokia’s Asha smartphones add mail app
Dubai, June 12, 2013
Nokia’s Asha range of smartphones has introduced a Mail for Exchange app, allowing for unprecedented business functionality on the range of affordable smartphones.
Users can now send and receive office e-mails from the comfort of their mobile phones, following the introduction of the Mail for Exchange app in the Nokia Store.
The new app, which is compatible with the Nokia Asha 311, 310, 309 and 308, allows users to sync their email, calendar and contacts data with Microsoft Exchange 2003, 2007, 2010 Servers and Microsoft Office 365 Mobility Online Service.
“The introduction of the new app makes your Nokia Asha 311, 310, 309 & 308 ready for business. It will enable users to take their office wherever they go, enhancing their overall mobile experience for work,” said Tom Farrell, VP of Nokia Middle East.
To give users a full office experience, Nokia has also introduced further apps such as Editori Text and Sheet, which allow users to view and edit Microsoft Word and Excel documents on the go. This allows for increased flexibility in modifying, saving and sharing documents or spreadsheets for a quick review.
The Editori Text and Sheet also comes with other features including rich text formatting; bold, italic, colors and underline to keep track of the changes made. The app recognizes hyperlinks, can enable users to view pictures and tables and save the document to the memory card immediately.
“Nokia is committed to enhancing the user experience by delivering more capabilities on the Asha smartphone range,” added Farrell.
“Last month, Nokia introduced the LINE messaging app in the Nokia store and we continue to build the app ecosystem for Asha, which we introduced in 2011 to connect the next billion people in emerging markets.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain