Malls in Dubai hype promotions for DSS
Dubai, June 10, 2013
Leading malls in Dubai have launched numerous entertainment activities and loads of promotions and prizes during the 16th edition of Dubai Summer Surprises (DSS) in a bid to draw tens of thousands of visitors.
DSS, running from June 7 to July 7, is organised by Dubai Festivals and Retail Establishment (DFRE), an agency of the Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing (DTCM), as a part of the “Summer is Dubai” campaign, which runs till September 7.
More than 6,000 retail outlets are participating in the annual summer festival, offering discounts of up to 75 per cent on a wide range of products from renowned local, regional and international brands, as they tempt DSS shoppers to buy from an extensive choice of merchandise including world-renowned brands of perfumes, electronics, cosmetics and jewellery, among others.
Figures for DSS 2012, show that of the total spend of Dh12.3 billion ($3.3 billion), visitors spent Dh4.77 billion on shopping alone.
The Dubai Mall
From June 7 to July 10, visitors spending Dh 300 ($81.6) at The Dubai Mall can get a chance to win a luxurious Bentley Continental GT V8.
Alongside The Smurfs – A Very Smurfy Festival from June 25 to 30, the mall is also hosting several other stage and roaming shows – such as the Dancing Toys Show, and performances from a group of young musicians from the Brooklyn Melodies Music Centre.
Dubai Festival City Mall
Dubai Festival City Mall shoppers can avail themselves of exciting promotions from retail stores and several chances to win weekly surprise gifts worth Dh 100,000 while a brand-new 2013 Honda CR-V will also be given away as the grand prize.
Further, consumers who spend Dh 150 across any stores and restaurants at the mall throughout DSS will be entitled to one raffle coupon to enter the weekly and grand prize draws with two winners walking away with gift hampers weekly.
The mall also feature a mini fashion week with shows of the best global brands with the local catwalk stars of tomorrow, as well as a plethora of creativity and avant garde designs.
Malls of the Majid Al Futtaim Properties are offering top prizes and world-class entertainment this DSS including the chance to win Dh250,000 weekly, and up to Dh1 million in prizes.
Mall of the Emirates, Deira City Centre and Mirdif City Centre
Shoppers visiting Mall of the Emirates, Deira City Centre or Mirdif City Centre can qualify for the weekly draw and win Dh250,000 by spending Dh 300 at any store inside any of the three malls.
Mall of the Emirates is rewarding shoppers spending Dh600 on the latest style trends from any of the malls 560+ stores with the chance to win a trip to one of the fashion capitals of the world. Winners will receive first-class tickets and five star accommodations in London, Paris and New York.
From July 1 to July 7, Deira City Centre will feature the Strawberry Shortcake with a ‘berry’ unique show and the Pretty Princess Berry Ball.
Mercato and its sister mall, Town Centre Jumeirah, will give shoppers the opportunity to grab fabulous discounts ranging from 25 per cent to 75per cent and the chance to win a variety of exciting prizes, including a brand new Infiniti JX35, a luxury five day cruise around The Seychelles and jewellery vouchers worth Dh 50,000.
Shoppers spending Dh 200 in any shop or outlet at Mercato or Town Centre Jumeirah from June 7 until July 6 are entitled to one raffle coupon for the prize draws.
Mercato will also offer a host of entertainment and fun shows for children and families during DSS 2013.
At BurJuman, shoppers spending Dh200 can get the chance to win up to cash prizes and 8 BMWs. Families and children visiting the mall can also savour a wide range of activities including the world premiere of the Jungle Book Circus from June 13 to 29. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet
- Italian fashion brand opens Dubai Mall store