Dubai Mall starts massive expansion work
Dubai, June 9, 2013
The Dubai Mall, the world’s largest shopping and entertainment destination, has embarked on a massive expansion plan in line with its aim to welcome more than 100 million annual visitors.
With the first phase expansion by 1 million sq ft, the fashion portfolio of the mall will be further strengthened, enhancing the city’s high-end retail offerings, said a statement from its developer Emaar.
Having welcomed over 65 million visitors in 2012, and a record 20 million visitors in the first three months of the year, the highest so far during a three-month period, the expansion of The Dubai Mall will further underline its global standing as the world’s most visited shopping and lifestyle destination, it added.
Emaar Properties chairman Mohamed Alabbar said: “Our strategy to create compelling new retail and lifestyle experiences also supports the city’s growth outlook of further strengthening its core economic sectors, including retail, tourism and hospitality. The current expansion will redefine Dubai’s retail sector, cementing its reputation as a global hub for the latest in fashion.”
To be expanded further, the Fashion Avenue in The Dubai Mall will add new and personalised flagship stores of the world’s most renowned brands. The overall expansion will also bring in other high-end lifestyle and entertainment brands to The Dubai Mall, he stated.
"Shoppers can experience the unparalleled ambience of strolling along foliage-rich walkways with water features, set on a strip lined by premium stores. In addition, they can enjoy a wide new range of F&B additions being added along Burj Lake and overlooking The Dubai Fountain, the world’s tallest performing fountain," he added.
He pointed out that the new spectacular additions to The Dubai Mall were being implemented with minimal impact on the ongoing mall operations.
Visitors will continue to have full access to the mall’s 1,200 stores, the 200 F&B outlets and diverse array of leisure attractions, as work continues to add new features, said the top developer in its statement.
With the first phase expansion work now progressing, modifications have been made to the Fashion Avenue to assure a seamless experience for visitors.
An alternate Fashion Avenue entrance and valet parking area have been set up in the parking lobby of Fashion Parking Level 3. Full valet services are also provided from the Grand Drive and at The Address Downtown Dubai roundabout entrances, it added.
Further building on Downtown Dubai’s appeal as the most sought-after destination, the mall expansion will also add a choice of residential, commercial and hospitality components, with impressive views of The Dubai Fountain, and Burj Khalifa, the world’s tallest building.
Residents and visitors become part of the vibrant Downtown Dubai lifestyle experience and will have direct access to the retail and leisure choices on Mohammed Bin Rashid Boulevard, billed to be one of the world’s most prestigious boulevards offering luxury retail and dining options.
The Dubai Mall has several top leisure attractions including Dubai Aquarium & Underwater Zoo, Sega Republic, the largest of its kind indoor theme park; KidZania, the dedicated children’s city; Dubai Ice Rink, and the 22-screen Reel Cinemas, it added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet
- Italian fashion brand opens Dubai Mall store