Bahrain gems on show at Las Vegas expo
Manama, June 2, 2013
Bahrain Chamber of Commerce and Industry (BCCI) have joined hands with Tamkeen to help representatives of 11 Bahrain jewellery firms take part in JCK Las Vegas, one of the industry's premier shows in the US.
North America's leading jewellery trade show, JCK Las Vegas consists of over 2,500 manufacturers and designers representing 32 countries, including 300 new exhibitors, and covers every corner of the jewellery industry, from the most sought-after brands to fashion and up-and-coming talent. It continues until tomorrow.
The Bahraini participation in the KCK Las Vegas has been organised by the BCCI in co-operation with Tamkeen, said BCCI gold and pearl jewellery committee head Mohammed Sajid Shaikh.
"This is the first time Bahrain's jewellers and manufactures are taking part in this prestigious event," said Shaikh, speaking from Las Vegas.
"Bahrain firms are the only ones taking part from the region and this is a great honour," Shaikh told the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
"Participating alongside the best in the world, we now have an opportunity to open a whole new market for jewellery made in Bahrain," he said.
"This will also open up the export market to the US and jewellers can take advantage of the free trade agreement between Bahrain and the US."
He said American wholesalers have shown a lot of interest in Bahraini pearls and jewellery and manufacturers had received a lot of inquiries from the Arab American community in the US and Canada.
"We have also arranged meetings with the US Diamond Club and the American Jewellers Association to register Bahraini companies in their Jewellers Directory and website to give them a chance to directly contact Bahrain's jewellers and exporters."
JCK Las Vegas features the most exhibitors of any Jewellery Week show spread over a broad range of categories from bridal and emerging artisan-quality designers to high-end fine jewellery and luxury timepieces.
Loose stones, materials, packaging supplies, and merchandising displays are also available.
"With such breadth of product presented, the show is able to provide one-stop shopping for vendors and retailers alike," said Shaikh.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices