China-made products showcased
Dubai, May 29, 2013
China-made products are showcased from today at a fair in Dubai, with the aim of boosting trade between China and the Mena region.
The seventh annual China Sourcing Fair, hosted by Global Sources, a business-to-business media company is being held at the Dubai International Convention & Exhibition Centre and will run till May 30. It was officially opened by Raja Al Gurg, president, Dubai Business Women's Council, in the presence of other dignitaries.
The fair exhibits products under different categories, which includes electronics, gifts and premiums, home products, and hardware and building materials.
"China's relationship with the Middle East is becoming increasingly important," said Tommy Wong, president of Global Sources Exhibitions. "This is true in terms of diplomatic relations and of course, business."
Bilateral trade between China and the Middle East is forecast to reach US$300 billion by 2014, according to UAE's Minister for Foreign Trade Sheikha Lubna Al Qasimi. Trade between China and the UAE grew 10 percent in 2011, a fivefold increase in less than a decade.
"We believe the China Sourcing Fairs play a key role in delivering quality consumer products to the regions' distribution channels," added Wong.
The China Sourcing Fairs are exclusively for importers, traders, and other volume buyers who purchase consumer products for resale to markets throughout the MENA region. Last year, 12,680 qualified buyers from 111 countries attended the event. - TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait