$823m Qatar mall unveiled at Cityscape
Doha, May 28, 2013
Qatar-based UrbaCon Trading and Contracting (UCC) officially unveiled the $823.2 million mammoth mall project, the Mall of Qatar, at the three-day Cityscape exhibition in Doha.
The retail develoment will feature more than 400 stores, fine dining and world class entertainment.
UCC hosted media and members of the public at their Cityscape exhibition stand on Monday where they unveiled their interactive model and the video fly for the very first time.
The MOQ exhibition stand was officially opened by Shem Krey, the deputy managing director, Mall of Qatar, on the first day of Cityscape and the response from visitors to the stand was phenomenal.
"Unveiling the project model at Cityscape is another important step in building excitement about the new mall among our potential tenants, partners and future customers, and has also enabled us to drive business leads through a host of different networking opportunities during the exhibition," said Krey.
“We have seen for the first time members of the public getting really excited about the prospect of a mall that will bring over 400 shops, 7,000 parking spaces, a major hypermarket, five department stores, 20 international restaurants and an indoor streetscape with double height flagship stores from across the globe. We are confident from the tremendous response we received at Cityscape that it will help us to meet our target of attracting 20 million visitors in its first year of operations,” he added.
Construction work is already underway and the Mall is scheduled to open in the third quarter of 2015. It will be conveniently located at the intersection of Al Rayyan Highway and Celebration Road and the project is adjacent to the popular Al Rayyan Sports Club and a future FIFA 2022 World Cup Stadium.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Jewellery show set to open in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal