Bahrain group launches new retail project
Manama, May 28, 2013
Bahrain Real Estate Investment (Edamah), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bahrain Mumtalakat Holding Company, has launched a new BD2 million ($5.2 million) retail development project which will house more than 70 retail and food and beverage outlets in the Hidd area of the kingdom.
The project will be developed and managed by Edamah, which will add retail, leisure facilities and restaurants to the area, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
"Historically, Hidd has played an important part in our nation's development," said Mumtalakat chief executive Mahmood Al Kooheji.
"In celebration of this and in an effort to promote the future economic development of Hidd and the broader Muharraq Municipality, we have launched this retail development and have received approvals from the Muharraq Municipal Council.
"It is our hope that this new development will greatly invigorate the area and will enrich the communities that reside in Arad and Hidd," said Al Kooheji.
"Through this new development, Edamah reaffirms its commitment to developing new projects in Bahrain that support economic growth," he added.
"The new Hidd retail strip will house more than 70 retail and food and beverage outlets. In addition to the retail space, there will be a sizeable garden and children's playground as well as half a kilometre of pedestrian walkways," he said.
Construction will start in July and is expected to be completed by the end of March next year. The development is planned to provide 6,900 sqm of retail space and will also accommodate parking for more than 170 vehicles.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices