Sony launches wearable camcorder
Dubai, May 27, 2013
Sony Middle East and Africa has launched the Action Cam, a wearable camcorder tailored to capture high quality full HD, 1080 pixel footage in a variety of situations, while in motion.
Designed to shoot dynamic videos, the 90g Action Cam is also ideal for capturing more sedate images.
Action Cam comes with a rugged, waterproof housing and a universal tripod mount that is built to handle extreme environments. Within the housing, the camera is waterproof down to 60 metres and has dirt and dust resistant seals that help make it impervious to mud, sand, rain and grime, a statement said.
The built-in wi-fi allows users to instantly share their content to a smartphone.
The Action Cam’s compact, lightweight body also houses Sony’s renowned Exmor R CMOS image sensor for stunning low-light sensitivity with improved image clarity and drastically reduced grain. It is Mac and PC compatible, said the statement.
Additionally, Sony has announced a firmware update for Action Cam HDR-AS15, which is available online. The update includes PS Recording Mode (1920x1080/60p) to help users capture smooth images of fast moving scenes with a higher frame rate of 60 p.
The Sony Action Cam is currently available in Jumbo Electronic showrooms and other select electronics retailers in the UAE. - TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Buyers flock to Dubai jewellery show
- Al Meera opens first 24/7 mall in Qatar
- Fijitsu scanners feature PaperStream
- LG launches new tablet in UAE
- Major jewellery expo opens in Dubai
- Weber renews Carrefour UAE partnership deal
- BMMI marks ‘Quality Month’
- Philips launches Airfryer XL
- Mena online spending to hit $15bn by 2015
- China Homelife Dubai kicks off