M&S opens second store in Bahrain
Manama, May 15, 2013
Marks & Spencer (M&S) said it has opened its 27,630 sq ft store at Bahrain City Centre, the group's second outlet in the kingdom, to complement its planned expansion in the GCC region.
A member of the Al-Futtaim Group of companies since 1998, the Marks & Spencer Al-Futtaim franchise partnership boasts 18 stores located in the UAE, Bahrain, Egypt, Kuwait, Oman, Jordan and Qatar.
One of the UK’s leading retailers, M&S said its new full format store is a one-stop destination for the needs of the fashion-conscious customers in Bahrain.
It offers a wide range of stylish and innovative products at great quality and price whilst improving customer shopping experience and brand awareness, said the company in a statement.
The new store located at the 2nd level of Bahrain City Centre, served as an open invitation to many eager shoppers on the opening day who queued to be the first to set foot inside the bright and welcoming interior.
It was inaugurated by Mark Senior, the head of operations, M&S Al-Futtaim along with Bahraini Jaffar Saeed, commercial department manager, M&S Al-Futtaim.
The main feature of the store concept is the interplay of pleasant interiors, inviting display windows and exceptional lighting schemes to charm and interest the customers. The new look food hall showcases the huge range and quality of M&S food, better highlighting its position as a speciality food retailer, the statement added.
The stylish and exciting fashion display details the extensive and innovative product range from M&S’s new summer collections offered at great quality and prices. The store is aimed to deliver a visually stunning and convenient shopping experience to the Bahrain customers.
Speaking at the launch, John Cooper, the managing director, Marks & Spencer Al-Futtaim, said: "We’re delighted to have opened the first new full format store in BCC today and will continue to build on our strong presence in the Mena region with more stores."
"We are confident that the new displays and store format will build on M&S’s popularity in the region and attract an ever increasing number of customers. M&S now has 21 stores across the region, run under the longstanding franchise agreement with Al-Futtaim," noted Cooper.
“Our new inspiring displays co-ordinate under one roof, the latest runway looks and must-have collections across clothing, beauty, footwear and lingerie. We want to create brand new experiences for our customers: that’s the vision at the core of this concept,” he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet
- Italian fashion brand opens Dubai Mall store