Nokia launches all-new Lumia 925
London, May 14, 2013
Finland-based Nokia Corporation has introduced the Nokia Lumia 925, a new interpretation of its award-winning flagship, the Lumia 920.
The new smartphone introduces a metal design and showcases the latest PureView camera innovation, new features and third party applications coming to the Lumia range, a statement from the company said.
The Nokia Lumia 925 includes the most advanced lens technology and next-generation imaging software to capture clearer, sharper pictures and video, including the best low-light images. It also introduces the new smart camera mode, coming as an update to all Lumia Windows Phone 8 smartphones.
Smart camera offers an easy way to capture ten images at once and edit the pictures with options like best shot, action shot, and motion focus for creating the perfect high-quality image, the statement said.
Nokia also announced Hipstamatic's new app, Oggl, which will allow people to take and share high-quality pictures with like-minded creatives and photography enthusiasts from around the world. In addition to sharing photos on Oggl, users can simultaneously share photos on social networks including Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, Instagram, Tumblr and Flickr.
“We keep innovating,” said Jo Harlow, executive vice president of Nokia smart devices. “We’re advancing experiences on the Nokia Lumia portfolio whether that means great new benefits for an existing Lumia owner, or bringing new showcase devices like the Nokia Lumia 925.”
The Nokia Lumia 925 introduces metal for the first time to the Lumia range, bringing appeal and unique benefits like increased robustness. The polycarbonate back comes in white, grey or black.
A wireless charging cover can be clipped onto the back of the phone to take advantage of Nokia’s extensive wireless charging accessories and ecosystem. Covers, sold separately, come in white, black, yellow, and red.
The Nokia Lumia 925 is being introduced into Europe with Vodafone, along with other operator and retail partners. Patrick Chomet, group director of terminals at Vodafone, said: “The new Lumia 925 is a sleek and sophisticated smartphone delivering great performance and outstanding imaging.”
“We look forward to offering the smartphone across our markets on Vodafone Red, as well as other tariffs, enabling customers to make the most of their new smartphone on Vodafone’s fast and reliable network. Vodafone customers will also have exclusive access to a 32GB version of the Nokia Lumia 925, giving them even more capacity to store all their content for personal and business use."
Terry Myerson, corporate vice president, Microsoft Windows phone division, said: “Together with Nokia, we continue to change the way people think about smartphone cameras. The work Nokia has done with the Lumia 925 further enhances the imaging capabilities of the Lumia smartphones.”
In addition to Europe, the Nokia Lumia 925 will be introduced into the US by T-Mobile and into China by China Mobile and China Unicom.
Sales are expected to start in the UK, Germany, Italy, Spain and China in June, followed by the US and a number of other markets. The Nokia Lumia 925 will be priced around EUR469 ($608.4) before taxes and subsidies. Country-specific pricing and availability will be announced locally. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait