Samsung, BCI launch Galaxy S4 in Jordan
Amman, May 13, 2013
Samsung Electronics Levant and BCI recently launched Samsung’s latest flagship mobile, the Galaxy S4, in the Jordanian market during a press conference held at the Sheraton Amman Al Nabil Hotel.
Bumsuk Hong, president of Samsung Electronics Levant, said: “The new Galaxy S4 comes to be our ‘life companion’ utilising all the innovative technologies. What distinguishes the smartphone is its ability to redefine the way we live and to maximise our fulfillment of life, and making valuable moments last longer with the easy sharing features.”
Fadi Baransi, vice president of BCI, said: “We are proud to present Samsung’s latest smartphone, and confident that it will continue the success that the Galaxy S series achieved. The consumers are constantly seeking smart lifestyle applications and technologies, and that’s what the S4 offers with its many smart features that accomplish the tasks effortlessly.”
The beauty of the smartphone is the highly crafted design encompassing a larger screen size and battery, minimized bezel; in a light (130g) and slim (7.9mm) shape, a statement from the company said. At handset launch, two color options will be available - Black Mist and White Frost; with a variety of additional color options to follow later this year.
The Galaxy S4 has the world's first Full HD Super AMOLED display to showcase images at their very best, the statement said. Its 5-inch large screen has 441ppi for stunning viewing quality. It also utilises Corning's new Gorilla Glass 3, making it a durable travel companion for all of life's adventures.
Equipped with a 13-megapixel rear camera, the Galaxy S4 also boasts a dual camera function that allows simultaneous use of both front and rear cameras. At the same time, the dual video call function enables the user to make and receive a video call with friends and family while showing what the user is looking at during the call.
The device is also equipped with 12 shooting modes including drama shot, which allows the user to see all the action in one continuous time-lapse, and sound & shot, which uniquely stores sound and voice together as the picture is taken.
These meaningful moments can also now automatically be stored in a photo album, with the new story album function. Photos taken by the Galaxy S4 are automatically gathered and sorted out according to timeline, geo-tagging information, or a specific event to create a photo album.
These unique story albums can be ordered and delivered as an offline photo album through a new partnership with Blurb, the statement said.
With its GroupPlay function, users can enjoy music, photos, documents and games with those around them without Wi-Fi or cellular signal. This feature enables users to connect directly with others to share, play and co-create content and entertainment instantly. Its share music option allows users to have the same song playing on multiple phones in sync to create the best party atmosphere, it said.
The Galaxy S4 supports HSPA+42Mbps and 4G LTE.
The Samsung smart pause enables the user to control the screen while watching a video. The video pauses when the user looks away and then starts right up again when the user looks back.
Samsung smart scroll allows the user to scroll the browser or emails up and down without touching the screen. It recognises the user’s face looking at the screen and movement of the wrist and scrolls the pages up or down accordingly.
Air view allows users to hover with their fingers to preview the content of an email, S Planner, image gallery or video without having to open it. With air gesture, one can change a music track, scroll up and down a web page, or accept a call with a wave of the hand.
With SVoice drive one can activate commands via voice control for optimisation when driving, the statement said. Once connected with a car Bluetooth, the phone automatically turns into driving mode converting text to speech.
Samsung optical reader automatically recognises texts, a business card or QR code information, and provides useful functions such as translation, call, text message and search.
The smartphone also comes with S health software, with utilises a combination of sensors built within the device systematically and automatically monitoring the user’s health and environment. One can also check one’s health conditions using food diary, exercise diary and sleep monitor to stay fit and healthy.
Samsung adapt display provides an optimal viewing experience, customised for each type of application, and Samsung adapt sound offers an optimal level and type of sound, personalised for each user. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Jewellery show set to open in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal