Marks & Spencer opens new UAE store
Dubai, May 9, 2013
Marks & Spencer (M&S) has opened its brand new store at Mirdif City Centre to complement its planned expansion in the GCC region.
The new store format delivers a more inspiring experience, with clearer brand differentiation and improved navigation for shoppers, said managing director John Cooper and Emirati sales associate Badriya Hassan Abdulla Ali after opening the new Marks & Spencer store.
The new store format includes better product segmentation according to local demographics and stronger emphasis on sub-brands, such as its Autograph & Indigo collection. To further highlight these distinctive M&S brands, prominent standalone sections with clearer signage and unique branding are created that will guide customers on their in-store journey.
The 15,000 sq ft store located on the ground floor of Mirdif City Centre offers an international Marks & Spencer brand shopping experience for Dubai customers, remarked John Cooper.
"We are delighted to present an exciting shopping experience to the customers in Mirdif City Centre with a fantastic looking new concept store. The new store format ensures that we have unique product offerings to suit the needs and taste of our customers," he noted.
M&S now has 10 stores across the country, run under the longstanding franchise agreement with Al-Futtaim.
"In the year ahead, we will continue to the roll-out our new store formats to deliver an improved customer service experience and innovative products across our entire store portfolio," said John.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept