Al Meera opens new store in Nuaija
Doha, May 6, 2013
Al Meera, a leading retail chain in Qatar, recently opened a new store in Nuaija.
The Al Meera - Nuaija store, built to international specifications and outfitted in Al Meera’s new interior design, was inaugurated by Dr Mohammed Al Qahtani, Al Meera’s deputy chief executive officer.
“Our expansion plan benefits everyone in the country: shareholders and customers alike,” said Dr Qahtani.
“Qatar has always been and will always be our primary market. Even though in the past year we have inked deals to expand our brand in international markets, it has not been done at the expense of our obligations and role in the country.
“We are first and foremost a proud Qatari corporation, and our success is tied to the success of this country. Our aggressive expansion in Qatar is testament to that commitment,” he added.
The 2,000 sq m store offers a breadth of fresh food offerings, while adhering to the strict international standards to ensure product freshness, and variety, a statement said.
Al Meera further announced that the new store follows the opening of two more convenience stores inaugurated during the first quarter of this year. Al Meera opened at Beverly Hills 3 compound in Al Waab and at Sealine.
“Our expansion plans involve more than just increasing our retail space,” said Dr Al Qahtani. “Our strategy also calls for expanding product offerings to our customers. A number of deals signed this year with international and regional firms will see more products on our shelves to the delight of our customers. Essentially, Al Meera is turning into a ‘one-stop’ shop that can secure everyone’s needs in one location.”
Besides opening new outlets, old Al Meera stores are also being converted to the new concept created by international design firms, he added.
“Al Meera efforts have really paid off – for everyone,” concluded Al Qahtani. “Our stores can now easily be accessed by virtually everyone in Qatar. It is the Qatari market that has been propelling our growth, and we are committed to our own vision, to become the country’s favourite neighborhood retailer.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet